Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Unclaimed Baggage Center, Scottsboro, Alabama

For those of you following this blog who want to know about the Unclaimed Baggage Center in Scottsboro, Alabama. Here's my take based on two visits, yesterday and today.

It's exactly what I expected. Unfortunately, they didn't have anything I wanted at a price I wanted to pay. I went there Monday afternoon and this morning. This morning, my cousin David called me up as I was driving into the parking lot so I asked him if I could call him back when I was inside. He said yes, and I did. He checked Amazon for prices on things that looked interesting to me, and to him. The prices at UBC were not much cheaper, and for some items not any cheaper, than he could find for used, and occasionally new, matching items on Amazon.

So that was a four hundred mile detour that didn't result in any interesting purchases. It's possible that the women's clothes and women's shoes would have netted better deals, but I didn't know enough about fashion to be able to figure that out.